Friday, January 17, 2020

Finally Beginning the Final Task!

   As presented, I am Sabrina a former student at Fort Lauderdale High School who is currently enrolled into the Cambridge program. I enrolled into AICE Media Studies not only to receive a Cambridge credit, but also to learn about the art of filming. Throughout the course, students were able to learn new lessons and put into action those skills learnt. The class provided a variety of lessons ranging from how to handle a camera to learning the terms that goes along with camera movements, angles and edits. Overall, my experience in AICE Media Studies has not been in vain. I was able to enjoy the film making process that I took part in with group members to accompany me. At times, stress would take over when it came the time to recruit potential actors or schedule days to meet with group members to record. However, my experience with the class has been most memorable and useful for, in any case, a future project were to come up. Specifically, the most important lessons that I learned from AICE Media Studies was how to operate a camera and the features that goes along with the camera. Also, another lesson that I learned from AICE Media Studies was identifying camera movements, angles, and shots.

   First, when the class learned about the features of a camera and how to handle a camera every student was preparing for the making of the commercial. In the beginning, I was feeling uneasy about how the camera works since it was new to me. However going from making a commercial to now making the intro of a film, I feel more confident in my skills in which I was able to enhance as the course went by. To be exact, from the first lesson about cameras every student was taught how to properly handle and shoot scenes needed along with discussing the features of the camera. This lesson stuck out to me because if I ever wanted to make short films of my own I would know exactly how to operate a camera. Next, the very first lesson every student was taught were the terms used for identifying camera angles, shots, and movements. Since the class conducted assignments that would help students remember the terms efficiently, I grew more comfortable knowing the terms with only slight hesitation. From the beginning, I would not remember any of the terms and what they stand for, but now only a few slip-ups would occur since I got comfortable with the terms presented to me. The lesson on camera angles, shots and movements is important to me because if I were to make videos of my own or produce any type of film I would know how to portray the scene. Also, by learning the terms I could easily identify each technique used within films that I watch on my daily life.

   What is a Pitch? a pitch describes an idea where a film is summarized in 25 words or less. As a group, we came up with three different pitches to contribute to the final task.

Pitch #1: They say together until the end, but I say obsessed forever

Pitch #2: Loyalty is like a knife stab through the heart

Pitch #3: Betrayal is like a bed of thorns... it leaves you bloody




No comments:

Post a Comment